Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The Best Way to Cut a Watermelon

Original Source: The Best Way to Cut a Watermelon

Step #1:  Cut the melon in half

Step#2: Cut the end off one of the halves.

Step #3:  Place the melon face down on your cutting board.

Step #4:  This is the tricky part. Angle your knife and start cutting off the rind.

Rotate the melon and remove the rind all the way around.  Important tip:  You will be tempted to only remove the white part  and get as close as you can to the red, while saving the precious red part of the melon.  BUT – if you don’t remove enough, then you will taste the bitter/sour flavor of the rind.  In my experience, it is best to not only cut off all of the white rind, but cut slightly into the red part.  Trust me.  You will love your watermelon this way.

You have now finished the hardest part.  The rest is a breeze.

Step #5:  Slice horizontally into 3 sections.

Step #6: Cut into pieces – whatever size your prefer.

Now chill in your fridge and enjoy some ice cold juicy watermelon!


Me: I have to admit, I have been cutting my watermelon this way for quite some time.  In fact, I cut all my melons this way.  It is so simple, and much easier to eat.  I hate eating it cut into triangles.  It always gets all over my cheeks.  This is an easy way to make it clean to eat.

Here are my pictures:

100_3922100_3924100_3930100_3937100_3942100_3945100_3955100_3957

Now we can serve up watermelon into bowls, and eat it without getting the juice all over our faces or clothes.  This is a great idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment