Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Bubble Snake Maker

Original post: Bubble Snake Maker

1.  Gather your supplies ~ an empty plastic bottle, a piece of terry cloth fabric and a rubber band.

2.  Cut the bottom off your plastic bottle and cut your fabric into a circle.

3.  Assemble your Bubble Snake Maker by putting the fabric over the open bottom of your bottle and securing it with the rubber band.

4.  Put some dish detergent in a bowl and add a little bit of water.  Dip your Bubble Snake Maker in and you're ready to go!

5.  Have fun making your Bubble Snakes!!  After dipping into the soap mixture, gently blow into the mouth of your bottle.  A slow, gentle stream of air will create a long chain of bubbles.  ( Just don't inhale, or you might get a mouthful of bubbles ~ yuck! )


Me: I admit, I was pretty skeptical about this, but take a look…

100_3983

It worked!  My kids had a lot of fun playing with these.  I didn’t cut the rag because I still wanted to use them.  Then I thought, what if we used bubble solution instead of dish soap?

100_3992

They did not work as well.  They were sufficient, but after seeing the dish soap bubbles, they weren’t as impressive.  I would stick with the dish soap.  This is something that even young children can do.  It’s a definite hit around here, and we will be doing it again.

1 comment: