Monday, July 16, 2012

Baked Bacon

Original Post: Less-Mess Bacon
This spatter-free technique puts the "bake" back in bacon. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper, then lay the bacon strips flat, making sure pieces do not overlap. Bake until crisp and browned, 15 to 18 minutes, or desired doneness, rotating the sheets once. Transfer strips to a paper towel to drain.

Me:  I love this trick.  The best part is it’s not really a secret…the directions are right on the back of the bacon package!  Now, a couple of things.  I didn’t put down parchment paper…or foil…or a rack.  I just laid the bacon on the pan.  And I didn’t want to get 2 pans dirty, so I just overlapped the pieces a bit. 
100_3959
This is the bacon when I took it out of the oven.  I like my bacon chewy, not crispy.  Just bake it to the doneness you like.  When you take it out of the oven, pull it off the pan and onto a plate lined with paper towels to soak up the grease.  No grease splatters or burns!
100_3960
I can’t find the original pin for this following idea, but it’s brilliant!  Line a bowl with foil.  After you take the bacon off the pan, pour the grease into the foil.  Now you can clean your pan right away, and it’s not baked on.  Easy clean up. But…
100_3961
Leave your bacon grease overnight and let it harden.  Then…
100_3962
Fold up the edges of your foil and throw the whole thing away.  Super easy clean up, and your bowl is still clean!  I love doing this!  Whoo Hoo for easy clean up!
100_3963
So I love both of these pins and I will continue to use them from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment