Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Homemade Microwave Popcorn

Original Source: How to make your own microwave popcorn

First you need a plain brown paper sack-- the kind you put a lunch in works great. And a 1/2 cup of raw popcorn-- open the sack so that it will stand up, and pour the popcorn into the sack.  Fold the top down on the sack and put the sack in the microwave standing up straight.  Cook for 2 minutes- just like you do the store bought packages. After it has popped, you can eat it plain- or add any topping you like. There are lots of different ways you can flavor it-- and I promise you won't be able to tell the difference between this & the store bought packages.  It's a lot cheaper too- so that is always a plus!!


Me: I was very skeptical about this one.  Notice I am skeptical about a lot of things pinned.  But I figured if it doesn’t work, I am only out 1/2 cup of popcorn.  I had The Artist do this for me and look at the result:

popcorn

I know it blurry, but I had to show you that the bag is full!  Yes, 1/2 cup of popcorn filled the lunch bag!  It popped perfectly!  Then we just used “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” spray, which is zero points and it’s the perfect snack!  I am never spending money on microwave popcorn again!  Whoo Hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment